It’s finally time to have a look at what’s new on Netflix this week as we get to the bottom of another one.
As always, Netflix is going to give its subscribers plenty of new content with another week. Even though this week’s new releases do not include smash-hits, we have some very promising series, movies, and documentaries. For the start, we’re going to see serial killer Dennis Nilsen narrate his own life with never-before-heard voice tapes. After that, there’s a thriller movie starring the big man Jason Momoa. Personally, I’m waiting for The Chair, which is a comedy series starring Sandra Oh as the first-ever woman chair of a failing English department. So yeah, Netflix Originals of this week seem promising as always. Without further ado, check out the full list of what’s new on Netflix this week below.
- Walk of Shame (2014) – A comedy movie about a reporter who aspires to be a news anchor. Starring Elizabeth Banks.
- Toot-Toot Cory Carson (Season 5) (Netflix Original) – Animated kids series.
- UNTOLD: Deal with the Devil (2021) (Netflix Original) – Sports documentary about boxer Christy Martin.
- Black Island (2021) (Netflix Original) – German thriller movie about a seemingly peaceful island that actually has a lot of secrets hidden away.
- Memories of a Murderer: The Nilsen Tapes (2021) (Netflix Original) – Crime documentary including many voice tapes from Dennis Nilsen.
- Mighty Raju (Season 4) – Kids animated series.
- Nneka the Pretty Serpent (2020) – Nigerian movie about a woman who gains supernatural powers.
- Out Of My League / Sul più bello (2020) (Netflix Original) – Italian romantic comedy about a woman who looks for love, but has a very rare disorder.
- The Defeated / Shadowplay (Season 1) (Netflix Original) – Thriller series set in 1946’s Berlin.
- The Secret Diary of an Exchange Student (2021) (Netflix Original) – Portuguese rom-com about two best friends who embark on a life-changing adventure abroad as exchange students.
- A Faraway Land – A drama movie from Philipinnes.
- Like Crazy
- Comedy Premium League (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) (Netflix Original) – Indian stand-up and sketch comedy including many comedians.
- Everything Will Be Fine (Season 1) (Netflix Original) – “A separated couple live together for their child’s sake in this satirical dramedy about what it means to be a good parent and spouse in today’s world.”
- Gunshot – Egyptian mystery thriller about a forensic doctor and a journalist who are searching for the truth.
- Korean Cold Noodle Rhapsody (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) – Korean docuseries on the favorite summertime pastime of Korea.
- Sweet Girl (2021) (Netflix Original) – Action thriller movie telling of a husband who tries to avenge his wife’s murderers. Starring Jason Momoa, directed by Brian Andrew Mendoza.
- The Chair (Season 1) (Netflix Original) – A new comedy series about the first-ever woman chair of a falling English department of a prestigious university.
- The Loud House Movie (2021) (Netflix Original) – Animated movie produced by Nickelodeon.
Even though the number of contents this week is not as high as usual, there are some must-watches on the list. Let us know in the comments which movie, series, or documentary excites you the most.
The post What’s New on Netflix This Week (August 16th – 22nd, 2021) appeared first on Netflix Junkie.